One of my friends does a weekly run-down of what's been happening in their household for the past week. I love it. I'm pretty sure that it causes me to dream about her & her kids every so often. So, I thought that I should start a little run-down of what happens in our lives on a weekly basis.
[It's not as cute when you don't have kids running around your household to take pictures of them, and let the grandparents know what's happening in their lives and the cute things they say/do.]
But seriously...in the last week, we returned to working after a nice winter's nap (aka Winter Closure). During winter closure, the University shuts down for the week between Christmas and New Year's. No one works - except Dan. He has his first livestock judging contest of the 'new year' during that time (Arizona National). This year, we spent a week in Iowa right after the new year.
Highlights of the past week:
1) My bike came! Dan bought me this lil gem for Christmas:
Soon, my neighborhood will see me cruisin' around this lovely lady. It's pretty flashy, so I hope I don't fall off. That would be TOTES embarrassing.
2) My New Year's goal is to increase my physical activity. So far, in the past week I've gone on 3 rosary runs and 3 walks...and I even 'lifted weights' (with my handhelds). I got hit on while on my 'rosary run' Tuesday. That was...interesting.
3) School started. I had so much fun teaching my 2 classes on Wednesday.
4) National Western Stock Show in Denver is happening. Dan has been traveling with his team. Yesterday, one of his students had a great day in the contest - only dropping 28 points!
5) With Dan gone, I have decided to tackle his ironing. Ironing is one of my least favorite things to do, yet, Dan love to have all of his shirts crisply starched and ironed. I hate paying for the dry-cleaner to do the ironing more than I hate ironing...so, I won't let him take them to the cleaners. This week, I think I have ironed 15 shirts. I have 15 more to go. Maybe one of my New Year's goals should be to not let the ironing pile up so much....
The lows of the week:
1) My bike didn't come with all of the necessary parts. So, I haven't ridden it around yet.