Friday, December 16, 2011

Advent Words

If you read my last post, you can see that Advent has been on my mind lately.

I am a "words" person. I love words. God speaks to me in words. It may not surprise you that my love language is "words of affirmation." When in Thailand, my roommate and were feeling particularly beat-up (spiritually) and need to be reminded of truth. What did we do? Create the "Wall of Truth" - where we wrote all the attributes of God in different colors on separate notecards. What resulted was a VERY faith-affirming work of art.

This Advent, while in church, God would lay different words on my heart from scriptures, Psalms, homilies, and songs. One Sunday, I wrote them down and then asked my friend Nicole to create some "Subway Art" with the words in 'Advent' colors. (purples and pinks)

The result is one thing that I will put up in our house for years to come to remind us of the reason for the Advent season. If any of you are interested in getting a little postcard of the wall art, comment on the blog and I will send it to you.


Isn't it awesome? Seriously, everyone needs a Nicole in their lives! To check out her blog and other creations, click here.