Sunday, April 14, 2013

Blogging Challenge: A to Z

 

I tend not to take on blogging challenges that require me to stick to a certain format within a time limit. C’mon, my 3rd highest strength is “adaptability” for goodness’ sake, which means that I am very flexible and great at short projects (but not [necessarily] good with long term commitments).

However, my friend Lisa has taken on this challenge at A to Z and is currently ready for letter “M.” She began the challenge on Easter Monday and will end on April 30. I have been very blessed reading her thoughts every day and how God has been teaching and leading her through this challenge.

As I have reflected on what may very well be the strangest weeks of my life, a theme for several letters has come to mind. So, I’m going to jump right in – and in true, non-conformity, I will give you several letters/lessons all at once.

A is for Anonymous

On Friday morning, I read an anonymous comment on my last post (to say “recent” would be remiss since I think it has been 3 weeks since I wrote it). Here it is:

Anonymous said...

You are a heavenly presence. Bet your advisees sort of regard you a god - which I mean in all due respect to God. You are His likeness for sure, sweetie.

April 10, 2013 at 4:17 PM

I have no idea who wrote this. I am touched – honored – even that they could garner who I am in just a few posts. Or perhaps Anonymous has known me for quite a while, and is simply reiterating what they have seen in action and in words. I do not know – and I am content knowing. As this person “saw my good works and glorified my Father in Heaven,” (Matthew 5:17) so I will do; as I thank God for seeing, for noticing, and for leading His child to speak words of encouragement to me.

 

No comments: