Sunday, September 4, 2011

You're So Vain...

You probably think this post is about you. Well, it's not! It's about me.

Today, I curled my hair for church - for the first time in about three months. (I've been blow drying it straight, lately.) I wore my new $6 khaki-with-silver-threads skirt with a white tee and a chunky necklace. I felt like a little desert princess. I looked good.

We got to church early, and one of the priests was making rounds and greeting people.  When he got to us, he said, "(muffled by background noise) extraordinary this week." My response, "Thanks!" Dan's response, "I was...."

The priest looked a little baffled. I asked what he said, and he replied, "I asked if you were extraordinary this week."

I said, "I thought you said I looked extraordinary this week!" Before I could say much more, he walked on.

UM. Yeah. I'm so vain that everytime I do think that song is about me.

No comments: