Friday, November 15, 2013

Birthday Week: Friday through Monday

Well, yesterday was my birthday…and my birthday week celebration came to a close. The timing of events were perfect, really.

Last Friday, Dan and I went out on a date. It’s been a while since we did something like that. When you’re married without kids, it’s easy to forgo dates, because, well, every time you eat out, it’s sort of like a date. …this semester has been crazy. Our schedules seem much busier and it just seems like we haven’t been on the same page or wavelength. This date was our way of refocusing our priorities on each other.

So, Dan made reservations at one of our favorite restaurants, The HUB, and we got dressed up for a little evening on the town.

My cute dress is one of my latest Salvation Army finds! :)
You know you're age when:
When you choose your meal based on the vegetables that come with it. I chose a pot roast because it came with brussel sprouts. (Quite delicious!) Dan almost chose a meal that came with asparagus (because of the asparagus)...but settled on the dish with the fries. I'm still counting it as a win. I've obviously rubbed off on his thinking! :)

Saturday was homecoming for the University of Arizona. The U of A has a homecoming parade a couple of hours before the game. Dan's school had a tailgating tent on the mall, so we had front row seats for the parade. It's one of my favorite parts. :)

The Wildcats battled the UCLA Bruins. Kick-off was at 8pm. As you can see by the picture, we were in shirt sleeves! You know you're in Arizona, when....


 
 


Sunday was spent preparing for our guests of the week: my mom and one of my best friends, Lisa.

They arrived Monday morning, and we the proceeded to spend 3.5 hours at IKEA in Phoenix. It was my mom's first time at IKEA, and she signed up to be an IKEA family member. I think she might start a petition for an IKEA to come to Kansas City. :)

This kitchen would/could possibly work in our house...for that major renovation in the distant future.

Dan's closet MUST HAVE!



1 comment:

Rachel said...

In case your mom wants to know, there will be an IKEA opening in Kansas City area in the Fall of 2014.

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/store/merriam#