Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Networking


Today, I am thankful for connections. I am thankful to have worked with great people while at ISU, and that I connect those great people with my current students. Today, I landed one of my UA students a job at ISU next semester while he is participating in National Student Exchange.


This is pretty self-explanatory, however, there are many days and multiple occasions that cause me to be SO grateful for my time at Iowa State as a student and a staff member. I am sure that my love of and gratitude to Iowa State did influence my student to spend his semester away at ISU. We spent a lot of time talking about possibilities, and I spent a lot of time gushing about ISU. To think, I could influence someone to spend 2-3 months in an Iowa winter instead of Arizona!

No comments: